Assistance with Bathing/Showering, Bathroom activity, Grooming, Dressing, Feeding assistance, and Walking and transferring (ex: moving from bed to wheelchair).
Personal Attendant Services (PAS) are defined as routine ongoing care or services required by an individual in a residence or independent living environment that enable the individual to engage in the activities of daily living or to perform the physical functions required for independent living.
Personal care tasks associated with PAS include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with self-administered medications
- Routine hair and skin care
- Transfer or ambulation
Questions to ask to see if you may need personal care:
- Do you live alone in your own home?
- Could you benefit from help with everyday tasks such as bathing, dressing, or cooking?
- Do you need someone to help you with chores, shopping, or taking care of your lighthouse cleaning?
- Do you need assistance with eating or need meals prepared for you?
- Would you feel better if you have a warm meal to eat?
- Would you feel better if your house and clothes were neat and clean?
- If you answered yes to one, several, or all of the questions above, you might benefit from Personal Attendant Services (PAS).
Sometimes, a little help and caring is all that is needed to allow a person to remain in their own home to maintain their health, well-being and independence.
Call AMERICARE NURSING SERVICES today, and have us help you with your everyday tasks.
To learn more, please call 210-455-5880 or 1-877-227-2939
For more information about PAS (Personal Attendant Services) and programs that may be available to you from the State of Texas DADS – MEDICAID programs, Long Term Care Insurance or other potential resources, call us or contact us.